I heart you. You want to know who I am? Aw shucks…
Well, here’s the abridged version:
Crazy tall. A type-A grammar geek. The proud mother of two amazing souls who both can say the 50 states in alphabetical order in about 30 seconds flat (because I can, too). A woman with serious, deep-seated insecurities because I can’t roll my tongue like a taco.
But not in that order.
Oh, and you may also be wondering how to say my name. Quick hint: It sounds like Michelob — but with a long “e” sound at the end instead of the “ob.” Try it out loud. Go ahead, you can do it.
Awesome — you rock!
Now, maybe you’re more interested in what I do professionally. And that’s easy to summarize in two words: I write. I write about being crazy tall, tongue insecurities and all manner of topics. I write funny, I write serious — doesn’t matter, as long as I’m writing.
So maybe I lied, because I just thought of four more words that describe me professionally: I rock at editing. Whether it’s proofreading for grammar/spelling, checking for AP Style or editing for content, I’m your girl.
Why do I write/edit, you may ask:
- Because I can (and don’t you dare be the first to tell me I can’t. That would suck.)
- Because I have a master’s degree in journalism, and this seems the thing to do.
- Because I’ve been described as a combination of Chelsea Handler (without the affinity for little people) and Erma Bombeck (without the being dead and all). So the only thing I can possibly imagine to do with that is write.
- Because my background as a managing editor for magazines has taught me that few people can communicate in writing effectively. I can. Therefore, I do.
What do I write, you may ask next (damn…you’re good at these questions!)…
- I am a published author with hundreds of clips and bylines. See a sampling of my articles here.
- I’m a blogger (but you already knew that, hence the clicking on my “About” page and all…)
- You can peruse my web site for other tidbits here, if you’re so inclined.
- Oh yeah, and I’m also writing a book…one silly little blog post at a time. So if you’re an agent, or simply play one on TV…nice to make your “virtual” acquaintance. Call me, k? K…
Thank you for reading. Now leave me a nice comment below — to let me know you stopped by. Otherwise, you just look like a stalker. ;)